Metropolis Learning Forum
the future of
Where peer to peer learning happens
Which are the challenges
and opportunities of the
use of information and
(ICTs) in metropolitan spaces?
How can local and regional
governments better leverage
digitisation, particularly in
regard to furthering equity,
prosperity and sustainability?
Has Covid-19 been the
turning point to make visible
the barriers generated by not having access
to the internet?
The Learning Forum is a space for peer-to-peer knowledge sharing focused on the active listening to the diverse realities of major cities and metropolitan spaces around the world.
This space provides a community of city officers and international organisations with a common interest: the opportunity to interact and share information with each other about local experiences and initiatives, news, events, pictures, videos, and papers/documents regarding digitalisation of metropolitan spaces in three different discussions.
How it works
In order to access the forum you must be registered. To create an account, you must click on SIGN UP, fill in the data and request access. The forum is only open to Metropolis members, alliances and special guests. If you belong to one of these groups, we will confirm your registration within a period of 48-72 hours maximum.
You will receive an email informing you that you have been accepted in order to access the Forum. Once accepted, you will be able to enter from the SIGN IN page with your credentials.
Once inside you can browse the 3 discussions in the Metropolis Digitization Forum:
– What are the challenges and opportunities of the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) in metropolitan spaces?
– How can local and regional governments better leverage digitization, particularly with regard to furthering equity, prosperity and sustainability?
– Has Covid-19 been the turning point to make visible the barriers generated by not having access to the internet?
Within each of the discussions, you can add your comments by clicking on the bar that says “Share what’s in your mind” to share your impressions about the particular question. If you are interested in receiving notifications of all the activity that happens in one of the discussions , you can SUBSCRIBE to the discussion.
You can also interact in the forum with other members by:
– REPLY to their comments listed below the discussion.
– LIKE any comment on the Forum.
– FOLLOW other members. If you follow any member, he/she won’t know that you are following him/her. The practical effects of following a member is that if he/she makes any comment on the Forum you will receive a notification.